[mythtv-users] EOL for MythArchive, MythZoneminder, MythBrowser and MythMusic Re: linking mythtv with zoneminder live view

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Sun Mar 25 22:24:02 UTC 2018

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 3:18 PM Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> On 25 March 2018 8:52:30 pm Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
> Yeah we are currently discussing this on the private developers list.
>
> The plan is remove all the plugins and the frontend but leave the
> backend for now. We will be removing them next Sunday for ALL versions.
>
> This will allow us to concentrate on the backend and the Services API
> that 3rd parties can use.
>
> What do you think? Good plan?
>
> Paul H.
>
> If I may ask, where are the developers planning to move their frontends to,
> or what are the main alternatives?
>
> The only two I am aware of are Kodi and Plex. Are there others?

FWIW, This is basically what I've been asking for for years. Making the
services API a first class citizen. Simplifying the frontend to do only TV
stuff (eg. dropping all the plugins) and make it use only the services API.
This makes the frontend basically a POC to show off what the backend can do
and then let 3rd party frontends flourish (which probably means assisting
in their development somewhat).

Thomas
--
-Thomas