[mythtv-users] LIRC woes

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Mar 6 13:23:40 UTC 2018

I'm in the process of updating the linux distribution I use for my
frontend, and the pipe /dev/lircd has disappeared. The pipe is present
at /var/run/lirc/lircd, but where older versions of my distribution made
/dev/lircd a soft link to it, the newer one doesn't. I imagine it's to
do with changes in lirc rather than specific to my distribution.
mythfrontend seems to look for /dev/lircd and just give up when it
doesn't find it.

I just thought I'd ask here in case anyone else had run into similar and
knew a good work around. It could be just something I need to change in
lirc's config. I suppose I could just add something to the boot
procedure to add the link, but that seems clunky.

Cheers,
	Paul.