[mythtv-users] Live TV source question

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Mar 6 00:54:07 UTC 2018

On Mon, 5 Mar 2018 17:56:18 -0500, you wrote:

>I have a MythTv box with one HdPvr capture box and one Silicon Dust
>HdHomerun box.  Under certain conditions, when selecting "Watch TV", it
>blinks "Please Wait" and returns to  the menu (takes about 1/2 second).
>Apparently, it thinks there are no inputs left, when there are actually
>several.
>
>If we watch live TV on the HdPvr, then exit, it keeps a record of the
>last source we watched, which was the HdPvr.  This is good; if we select
>live TV again, it will return to the HdPvr (same source, same channel).
>Then a few minutes after exiting live TV, the scheduler starts recording
>on the HdPvr.  Now we attempt to watch live TV, expecting it to use the
>antenna on the HdHomerun.  But, it blinks "Please Wait".
>
>After some experimenting, it looks like it compares the last-watched
>source to the available inputs on that source, and fails.  This is
>correct for that source, but there are other sources.  Is there a way to
>have it look for the other sources?
>
>Don
>
>PS - The available sources are:
>
>Tuner 1 [HDPVR: /dev/video0]
>Tuner 2 [HDHOMERUN: 192.168.0.155-0]
>Tuner 3 [HDHOMERUN: 192.168.0.155-0]
>Tuner 4 [HDHOMERUN: 192.168.0.155-1]
>Tuner 5 [HDHOMERUN: 192.168.0.155-1]

If the last watched channel is only available on one source, and all
tuners on that source are busy, then what is happening is as expected.
Do your channels have the same channel number on all sources?

If you want to start LiveTV on a different channel, go to the program
guide, move to the channel you want, then do M (menu) and select Watch
This Channel.