[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD-PVR2 / Colossus2 support

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Mar 5 14:35:26 UTC 2018

On 3/2/18 3:20 PM, John P Poet wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 6:27 AM Rajil Saraswat <rajil.s at gmail.com
> <mailto:rajil.s at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 02/28/2018 06:06 PM, John P Poet wrote:
>>     For those asking for HD-PVR2 support, there is finally something
>>     you can try:
>>
>>     https://github.com/jpoet/HauppaugeUSB
>>
>>     John
>>

>     This is awesome news. Does this support the Colossus 2 PCIe card
>     (http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_colossus2.html)?
>

> Yes, it supports the Colossus2.  Do read the Trouble Shooting section,
> though.
Hi John,

Thanks for all of your work on this. I'm sure it will make a lot of
people very happy. Two questions, though:

1.  Just to confirm, because your answer implies that you may not be
answering the correct question: Does your modified driver work with the
*PCIe* card version of the Colossus 2?

2.  I know the Colossus 2 supports AC-3, but does it encode more than
two channels of audio? The vast majority of products out there that say
they handle AC-3 will not encode 5.1 or more channels.