[mythtv-users] Metadata when more than one episode per recording

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 15:04:28 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 9:32 AM, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/29/2018 01:01 AM, Greg Oliver wrote:
>
> Anyone have a good solution to get metadata for single recordings with
> multiple episodes?
>
> Example:
>
> Timeless on NBC in the US did the last 2 episodes this season as a single
> airing, so it comes in as:
>

> "The General, Chinatown", which is technically episode 9 and 10.  I think
> it would be best handled in the guide data to clear it up, but just looking
> for possibilities.
>
> -Greg
>

> I use schedules direct xmltv, which provides season and episode
> information that is accurate, so I don't use the metadata grabber as
> everything is present in the schedule data.
>
> When there is a double episode, it shows the season and episode of the
> first of the two episodes, plus title and description that includes both.
> The biggest problem is that in reruns, the two individual episodes are
> recorded again if they show as separate shows.
>
> See this link for details of the xmltv grabber.
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV#Setup_with_tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite

​Hell, I forgot all about that conversation about SD last year - I'll be
setting this up tonight - thanks for the reminder!

I know they usually re-air the individual episodes when the first episode
is SxE1,2, but this one was at the end and they did not repeat them
individually apparently.

I know I have full seasons of stuff from 2012 I still have not watched, so
I do not catch these (at all).  I just happened to have to re-run the
grabber yesterday and noticed.​  Not a big deal - just was wondering how
people handled it.

-Greg