[mythtv-users] Metadata when more than one episode per recording

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 14:32:18 UTC 2018

On 06/29/2018 01:01 AM, Greg Oliver wrote:
> Anyone have a good solution to get metadata for single recordings with
> multiple episodes?
>
> Example:
>
> Timeless on NBC in the US did the last 2 episodes this season as a
> single airing, so it comes in as:
>

> "The General, Chinatown", which is technically episode 9 and 10.  I
> think it would be best handled in the guide data to clear it up, but
> just looking for possibilities.
>
> -Greg

I use schedules direct xmltv, which provides season and episode
information that is accurate, so I don't use the metadata grabber as
everything is present in the schedule data.

When there is a double episode, it shows the season and episode of the
first of the two episodes, plus title and description that includes
both. The biggest problem is that in reruns, the two individual episodes
are recorded again if they show as separate shows.

See this link for details of the xmltv grabber.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV#Setup_with_tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite