[mythtv-users] Problems with program scheduling

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 25 19:59:57 UTC 2018

On 06/25/2018 01:08 PM, Jim wrote:
> On 6/25/2018 12:10 PM, Greg wrote:
>>     I had a perfectly running system until I messed it up trying
>> different ways to run my server using NoMachine.. It worked fine for
>> video,but no audio.. Long story short, I screwed it up beyond my
>> ability to fix it.. I thought no problem, I'll just reinstall it
>> shouldn't take more than a few hours.. Man, was I wrong. I am on day
>> 3.. I have every thing working,but I have an issue with channel
>> sources.. I have 2 tuners both HDPVR's and one source I call hdpvr1.
>>
>> I use that line up for both tuners. The problem is, I go to Schedule
>> direct, and select all the channels I want. I download the channels
>> and run Mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all, it place's them in the db,and
>> they show in the guide, also about 10 channels that didn't want show
>> up also..I go into MythWeb and delete the extra channels,but as soon
>> as mythfilldatabas runs they are back.. It mess with the guide,one
>> instance is channel 23 (Weather Channel) has no info,but Channel 28
>> (USA) show's the Weather channel program info.. I think what may have
>> happened is by accident I deleted all my db backup's and used one
>> from several months ago.
>>
>> Would anyone have an idea why that would happen and how I can correct
>> it?
>

> It's very likely that those unwanted channels are coming from
> Schedules Direct.
> Log into that and edit your lineup. Remove those channels and make
> sure you
> save it with the tiny save button all the way at the bottom of the page.
> Then delete the channels in Myth. Or you could set them to not be
> visible...
>
> I know that when channels appear in my guide it's because SD has added
> them and the above is what I do to fix it.

Exactly.  And, as for the Weather Channel listings showing up on USA,
that's due to your having the Weather Channel's XMLTV ID on USA's
channel.  Just go into the Channel Editor in mythtv-setup or MythWeb or
mythfrontend and edit the XMLTV ID--making all of them on all of your
channels line up with those on the Schedules Direct website.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV_ID#Schedules_Direct

Mike