[mythtv-users] libva-drm.so.1

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Jun 15 00:59:10 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 06:49:55PM -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 06/14/2018 05:57 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:
> >
> > On 15 June 2018 12:20:48 am Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > rewrite
> > > the entire video pipeline to better utilize the FFMpeg
> > > support to be able to let that library be responsible for
> > > tracking the various hardware acceleration ABI changes.
> > Is this - in part - where Peter is heading with his other work on Android /
> > mediacodec?
> >
> > Kickstarter? Is there anyone on list who would be interested / capable of
> > doing the work?
> >
> > This topic seems to pop up regularly as a blocker to a better playback
> > experience. Would be super great to knock it on the head.
> >

> I will take a look at it after I have finished the mediacodec work.

I was tempted post before that the experience gained from the
MediaCodec/FFmpeg work you're doing now could be very helpful in
rewriting the VAAPI support to make more use of FFmpeg, and thus,
allow access to its advanced deinterlacing.  I didn't, though, because
I didn't want to pile on while you're nearly single-handedly pushing
the project forward. :)

David
--
David Engel