[mythtv-users] Subtitle fonts

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 4 23:32:02 UTC 2018

On 06/04/2018 02:51 PM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> To be clearer, since my original message might have left some ambiguity:
>
> (a) Many DVDs have tracks with "subtitles as images."
>
> (b) Many also have tracks with "subtitles as actual text."

Those aren't subtitles.  They're line 21 closed captions from the NTSC
spec (or, for PAL DVDs, the PAL equivalent may be in some DVDs of
originally-broadcast-in-PAL content).

Regardless, the OP needs to provide more information to get an answer to
the question, "Why don't I see (subtitles|captions) on certain videos?"
His question, "How do I find out which font(s)  I should install [for my
DVD subtitles]?" has been answered.  :)

Mike