[mythtv-users] Harmony Hub and MythTV

Andre Newman MythTV mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Fri Jul 27 14:05:36 UTC 2018

> On 27 Jul 2018, at 02:48, Jack McGee <jack at greendesk.net> wrote:
>
> On 07/26/2018 12:55 PM, David Engel wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 12:19:09PM -0500, Jack McGee wrote:
>>> I recently purchased Harmony Elite, which has a hub.
>>>
>>> I see two ways to control Mythtv, one is IR the other Bluetooth.
>>>
>>> Everything I read says bluetooth preferable.
>> Absolutely!
>>> I use a bluetooth keyboard with my Ubuntu 16.04 mythtv frontend.
>>>
>>> Can I pair Harmony to the same dongle the keyboard is using?  For some
>>> reason that doesn't seem to work.
>> I cna't see why it shouldn't work.  What errors do you get?
>
> Thanks David. I am using Logitech K4000 keyboard and the Logitech dongle that came with it.

Do you mean K400? If so it’s not a bluetooth keyboard, it’s a Logitech proprietary wireless protocol, I have one.

The Harmony hub does work with them but they prefer you to use their Harmony version, I have both types of keyboard. I did manage to get the K400 paired with the harmony hub and working as a Harmony keyboard but the dongles were harder, in the end I got the set of keyboard & two dongles and that works mostly ok.

It’s doubtful you can hack the dongle to work with the Harmony hub but let me know if you do, there are some linux tools around for manipulating the dongle programming so maybe it’s possible. I was very easily able to pair the K400 with the harmony hub although they may have closed that hole with updates since I did it a few years ago.

Andre