[mythtv-users] Harmony Hub and MythTV

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Fri Jul 27 01:48:47 UTC 2018

On 07/26/2018 12:55 PM, David Engel wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 12:19:09PM -0500, Jack McGee wrote:
>> I recently purchased Harmony Elite, which has a hub.
>>
>> I see two ways to control Mythtv, one is IR the other Bluetooth.
>>
>> Everything I read says bluetooth preferable.
>
> Absolutely!
>
>> I use a bluetooth keyboard with my Ubuntu 16.04 mythtv frontend.
>>
>> Can I pair Harmony to the same dongle the keyboard is using?  For some
>> reason that doesn't seem to work.
>
> I cna't see why it shouldn't work.  What errors do you get?

Thanks David. I am using Logitech K4000 keyboard and the Logitech dongle
that came with it.  It sees two devices, LK300 and Harmony Keyboard.
I assume LK300 is the keyboard and Harmony Keyboard is the remote.  I
have used the Android Harmony app to add the computer, it gets to the
screen where it says to pair bluetooth, but no instructions for doing so
and nothing to click but the back button.

When I have an hour to spare, I will contact Harmony support and see
what they suggest.