[mythtv-users] ATV MythTV app with BBC audio description

Andre Newman MythTV mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Jul 23 13:40:30 UTC 2018

Hi,

I can’t find any where with much info about the MythTV ATV app, I’ve emailed the developer but wondered if there are many on here using this app?
I just got the app today but have had MythTV running for 10+ years.

I find that with all the BBC (UK) recordings the MythTV app only plays the audio description track not the normal programme audio, not very useful! I can’t find any way to change the audio from inside the recording and changing the audio language in the ATV settings doesn’t change this.

The only oddity I know is that the BBC transport streams have the audio description first although the regular ac3 or aac audio is correctly described as English. MythTV and Kodi pick the correct audio channel.

Has anyone come across this, know any solution? As it stands the app is pretty useless for most of my recordings. :-(

Andre