[mythtv-users] Help needed with error in recordedseek table not fixed by optimize_mythdb

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 22:59:38 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 4:45 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 4:17 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 4:09 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Paul-
>>>
>>> Re-creating the seektable data for the new recordings it what I was
>>> hoping to do, but the trick I haven't figured out yet is how to restore
>>> just the recordedseek table.
>>>
>>> Can you give me more details on that?
>>>
>>>    - How do I truncate it (presumably the recordedseek table)?
>>>    - How would you suggest I restore the recordedseek table from the
>>>    backup?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Craig.
>>>

>> Looks like truncation would involve launching an interactive mysql
>> session and invoking the command "TRUNCATE TABLE recordedseek;".  Correct?
>>
>> --
>> Craig.
>>

> Sadly, it looks like I'll have to be more crude about rebuilding the
> missing seektable data since my mythutil doesn't support either of the
> command options --checkrecordings or --fixseektable.
>
> On my system, "mythtv --version" reports:
> MythTV Version : v0.27.6-28-g6fb800d
> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
>
> Once how to restore just the recordedseek table is established, I think I
> can manage the rest.
>
> --
> Craig.

I'm hoping there's a smarter way than either of the options I've come up
with for restoring just the recordedseek table from the latest backup.  I
have though of these:

   1. Make a copy of the backup file and delete all the table structure and
   data dump records for the other tables, leaving just the ones for the
   recordedseek table, and then use that with the mythconverg_restore.pl
   script.
   2. Make a copy of /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg in another directory, do a
   full restore using mythconverg_restore.pl, and then copy back all the
   files from the other directory except the recordedseek table files.

Anyone have a better solution?

--
Craig.