[mythtv-users] Help needed with error in recordedseek table not fixed by optimize_mythdb

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 22:45:31 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 4:17 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 4:09 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 4:00 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
>>

>>> If you can't repair the recordedseek table one option is to truncate it
>>> and restore just that table from your old backup. That way only the
>>> seektables for new recordings will be missing which you can fix by running
>>> 'mythutil --checkrecordings  --fixseektable'
>>>
>>> Paul H.
>>>

>> Paul-
>>
>> Re-creating the seektable data for the new recordings it what I was
>> hoping to do, but the trick I haven't figured out yet is how to restore
>> just the recordedseek table.
>>
>> Can you give me more details on that?
>>
>>    - How do I truncate it (presumably the recordedseek table)?
>>    - How would you suggest I restore the recordedseek table from the
>>    backup?
>>
>> --
>> Craig.
>>

> Looks like truncation would involve launching an interactive mysql session
> and invoking the command "TRUNCATE TABLE recordedseek;".  Correct?
>
> --
> Craig.

Sadly, it looks like I'll have to be more crude about rebuilding the
missing seektable data since my mythutil doesn't support either of the
command options --checkrecordings or --fixseektable.

On my system, "mythtv --version" reports:
MythTV Version : v0.27.6-28-g6fb800d
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27

Once how to restore just the recordedseek table is established, I think I
can manage the rest.

--
Craig.