[mythtv-users] Correct setup?

Peter Carlsson maillist.peter at home.se
Wed Jan 17 10:05:51 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 10:32:25PM +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 15/01/18 21:15, Peter Carlsson wrote:
>

> > Yes I have it working for all but HD channels. I used to have it working for
> > all including HD channels before but now it seems it can not find the HD
> > channels when scanning.
> >
> > I was not aware of the 'links for other Transports' but it sounds like a
> > nice feature.
>
> You said earlier that your HD mux frequency was 730000000 Hz.  Do you know
> whether that frequency is still the right one in your location?  Is it
> listed in the Transport editor?  If not, and if nothing else has changed at
> the transmitter, you ought to be able to define a New Transport there,
> Frequency 730000000, DVB-T2, maybe 8 MHz BW and QAM-256, (which are values
> used in the UK)  Most of the other options are probably ok as AUTO.  Save
> and exit  - ie, back to the Channel Editor screen.
>
> Then do a channel scan on just that Transport, choosing options that seem
> sensible.  Try the > and < keys.  I try to avoid re-running mythtvsetup if I
> have arrived at a good working system, so my recollections of exactly what I
> have seen may be a little vague, but backup and restore are available if you
> are nervous!

Thank you for your suggestion. Looks like you were right.

The frequency was not 730000000 as I thought. Don't know if it has
changed or if it was my notes from previous scans that was wrong.

Anyhow, it looks like it picked up the HD channels and I only have
to clean up my channel list.

Best regards,
Peter Carlsson