[mythtv-users] Correct setup?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Jan 15 22:32:25 UTC 2018

On 15/01/18 21:15, Peter Carlsson wrote:

> Yes I have it working for all but HD channels. I used to have it working for
> all including HD channels before but now it seems it can not find the HD
> channels when scanning.
>
> I was not aware of the 'links for other Transports' but it sounds like a
> nice feature.

You said earlier that your HD mux frequency was 730000000 Hz.  Do you
know whether that frequency is still the right one in your location?  Is
it listed in the Transport editor?  If not, and if nothing else has
changed at the transmitter, you ought to be able to define a New
Transport there, Frequency 730000000, DVB-T2, maybe 8 MHz BW and
QAM-256, (which are values used in the UK)  Most of the other options
are probably ok as AUTO.  Save and exit  - ie, back to the Channel
Editor screen.

Then do a channel scan on just that Transport, choosing options that
seem sensible.  Try the > and < keys.  I try to avoid re-running
mythtvsetup if I have arrived at a good working system, so my
recollections of exactly what I have seen may be a little vague, but
backup and restore are available if you are nervous!

Good luck,

John