[mythtv-users] Upgrade Ubuntu 14 to 16 LTS and errors with MYSQL

Mitchell Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 15:19:56 UTC 2018


On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 8:52 AM, jrh <jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:

>
>
> On Jan 16, 2018, at 9:39 AM, Mitchell Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> initially i wanted to just upgrade MythTV .28 to .29.  After enabling the
> .29 repo i was getting dependency errors around libmyth.  I ended up doing
> a Ubuntu release upgrade to 16.04 LTS.  That was all going well until i ran
> into upgraded MySQL to 5.7 and got the table_cache=128 error from the
> mythtv-tweaks.cnf file.  I got this error:
>
> Setting up mysql-server-5.7 (5.7.20-0ubuntu0.16.04.1) ...
> Renaming removed key_buffer and myisam-recover options (if present)
> ERROR: Unable to start MySQL server:
>
>
> Here is the problem you need to fix:
>
> 2018-01-16T00:28:57.390552Z 0 [ERROR] unknown variable 'table_cache=128'
> 2018-01-16T00:28:57.392762Z 0 [ERROR] Aborting
>
>
> A google search for the variable above will lead you to the fix.
> I believe the variable is set in /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.conf, or
> something similar to that name and you will need to change it to the new
> variable name.
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Jay
>
> Please take a look at https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/MySQL/FAQ for tips on
> fixing common upgrade issues.
> Once the problem is resolved, run apt-get --fix-broken install to retry.
> dpkg: error processing package mysql-server-5.7 (--configure):
>  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mysql-server:
>  mysql-server depends on mysql-server-5.7; however:
>   Package mysql-server-5.7 is not configured yet.
>
> dpkg: error processing package mysql-server (--configure):
>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> Errors were encountered while processing:
>  mysql-server-5.7
>  mysql-server
>
> I cleared that line from the file and reran the sudo apt-get upgrade and
> all seamed okay.  I was able to upgrade to .29 without issue.
>
> The problems began when i went to upgrade the database by running
> mythbackend from command line.  For some reason mythbackend was unable to
> log into the database.  I am able to log into MySQL as root and my MythTV
> user using the password in /etc/mythtv/config.xml.  The database is still
> there as well.
>
> I have tried downgrading MythTV to .28 and still get the same errors.  I
> have also removed MySQL and reinstalled.  At this point i am lost.  Any
> ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Mitchell
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>
> Does commenting it out not work?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20180116/7df1c338/attachment.html>


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list