[mythtv-users] Correct setup?

Stefan Davids mythtv at stefan.davids.uk.net
Sun Jan 14 11:33:10 UTC 2018

On 14/01/18 10:38, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 14/01/18 00:10, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> Thanks for the reply!
>>>
>>> I changed the frequency but it didn't find any HD channels anyway.
>>>
>>> How do I perform a scan with 'links to other Transports'? Do you mean I
>>> should select '--service-type all' to scan not only for TV?
>>>
>>> Do I manually have to switch between DVB-T and DVB-T2?
>>

>> I'm sorry it wasn't clear.  I don't have a 292e, but it seems that you
>> have found the device and have set up working Video sources and Input
>> connections.  I suppose it may be detectable as two devices, one for
>> DVB-T and one for DVB-T2, and perhaps you have enabled only the first.
>
> Since it's a 'tripleStick' it might appear as 3 adapters, although the
> linuxtv page shows only one.
>
> https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/PCTV_Systems_tripleStick_T2_(292e)
>
> Try 'dmesg | grep adapter' and/or 'dmesg | grep firmware'

I use two of the 292e triple sticks for UK freeview and they each just
present as a single video source and seem to switch happily between
DVB-T and DVB-T2.  You need a fairly up to date kernel and I think I had
to get some specific firmware files to make it work properly but then it
just scanned HD and SD channels and worked without any problems in myth.

Current backend is Debian stretch running myth 0.28.

I think it needed dvb-demod-si2168-02.fw and dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw
putting in /lib/firmware (at least one of those may have not been in the
debian deb of firmware, can't remember but they're easy to find with
google if you need them).

Sadly the backend has been on too long to show you the dmesg line when
it last booted... but as I recall there's an obvious line asking for
those if it can't find them.

Stefan