[mythtv-users] Correct setup?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Jan 14 10:38:41 UTC 2018

On 14/01/18 00:10, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 13/01/18 22:29, Peter Carlsson wrote:

>>> I believe the 292e is fully supported now, but mythtvsetup has
>>> changed and
>>> releases differ.  You should be able to set the frequency and DVB-T2
>>> from
>>> the Transport Editor, and maybe do a scan with 'links to other
>>> Transports'
>>> set.
>>>
>>> That driver doesn't autoswitch between DVB-T and DVB-T2
>>
>> Thanks for the reply!
>>
>> I changed the frequency but it didn't find any HD channels anyway.
>>
>> How do I perform a scan with 'links to other Transports'? Do you mean I
>> should select '--service-type all' to scan not only for TV?
>>
>> Do I manually have to switch between DVB-T and DVB-T2?
>

> I'm sorry it wasn't clear.  I don't have a 292e, but it seems that you
> have found the device and have set up working Video sources and Input
> connections.  I suppose it may be detectable as two devices, one for
> DVB-T and one for DVB-T2, and perhaps you have enabled only the first.

Since it's a 'tripleStick' it might appear as 3 adapters, although the
linuxtv page shows only one.

https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/PCTV_Systems_tripleStick_T2_(292e)

Try 'dmesg | grep adapter' and/or 'dmesg | grep firmware'

Here's what I see in my production box, where the two Kworld devices are
in a single usb dongle.  With the standard el7 kernel the adapter
numbers may change on reboot, despite the presence of a config file.

[   20.193386] DVB: registering new adapter (Kworld UB499-2T T09)
[   20.398790] usb 1-2: DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (Afatech
AF9033 (DVB-T))...
[   20.632958] DVB: registering new adapter (Kworld UB499-2T T09)
[   20.649294] usb 1-2: DVB: registering adapter 2 frontend 0 (Afatech
AF9033 (DVB-T))...
[   23.781050] DVB: registering new adapter (saa7133[0])
[   23.781064] saa7134 0000:07:04.0: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend
0 (Philips TDA10046H DVB-T)...