[mythtv-users] Using mythweb without internet access

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Tue Feb 27 08:22:47 UTC 2018

On 09/12/17 00:24, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 08/12/17 12:56, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:

>>> Privacy Badger is just an example of the failure, not the core of the
>>> issue.

>>> I cannot see the smiley but I am sure you meant it, right? (*)
>>>
>>> I was without internet for the last week, and this was just the right time
>>> [NOT] to discover that mythweb  has issues, like no popups when viewing the
>>> listing, no scrolling with the arrows on the time bar, and what not.

>>> (*) The claim is so utterly wrong (ignoring security/privacy issues).
>>
>> So i'm not ignoring any security issues, i've just not seen any evidence
>> that there actually *is* a CORS issue here.
>>
>>> First, "those who want" may very well not be "those who can" - not
>>> everyone is a programmer.
>>> Second, each time mythweb gets an update one needs to check if the "fix"
>>> needs to be repeated.
>>> Third, the extra slowdown and bandwidth usage may be unwelcome by some.
>>>

>> Given the sheer number of sites that use jquery, it's actually *more*
>> likely that your browser already has a cached copy of the library than
>> not, thereby resulting in *less* traffic....
>>
>> I will see if I can whip up something that allows you to set a config
>> item to load them locally
>>

> I've pushed this fix to master. Please try it out.
> If people find it suits them, I'll look to put it into fixes/29
>
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13191
>

> Regards
> Stuart

Just received an update to v29.1 and my temporary fix to the scripts is gone.
Following the above ticket I did this to disable the use of a cdn.

$ sudo mysql -p
Enter password:

MariaDB [(none)]> use mythconverg

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings where value = 'mythweb_use_cdn';
+-----------------+------+----------+
| value           | data | hostname |
+-----------------+------+----------+
| mythweb_use_cdn | 1    | NULL     |
+-----------------+------+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

MariaDB [mythconverg]> update settings set data=0 where value = 'mythweb_use_cdn';
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 0

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings where value = 'mythweb_use_cdn';
| value           | data | hostname |
| mythweb_use_cdn | 0    | NULL     |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

MariaDB [mythconverg]> quit