[mythtv-users] My 15 year anniversary

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 20:56:22 UTC 2018

Michael <mythtv at blandford.net> wrote:

> I was looking around at my statistics in mythtv today and realized it was my 15 year anniversary.
>

> Number of shows: 907
> Number of episodes: 18157
> First recording: Friday August 29th, 2003
> Last recording: Wednesday August 29th, 2018
> Total Running Time: 15 years 7 hrs 13 mins
> Total Recorded: 1 year 9 months 22 days 11 hrs 54 mins
> Percent of time spent recording: 12%

Nearly 10 years for me (actually more, but I did nuke the first system I set up after a short while and started again), but there is an oddity here :
Number of shows: 1184
Number of episodes: 14379
First recording: Thursday January 1st, 2009
Last recording: Thursday August 30th, 2018
Total Running Time: 9 years 7 months 28 days 17 mins
Total Recorded: 1 year 5 months 7 days 21 hrs 39 mins
Percent of time spent recording: 1%

I make that (in rough numbers) getting on for 1 1/2 years of recordings over 10 years which should be in the order of around 12 to 15%. Even allowing for multirec, I can't reconcile these numbers.

> It is hard to believe how much mythtv has changed my and my family's TV viewing habits.

Ditto. This was brought home to me when I met my now wife and had to adjust to watching live TV again for a while. It was strange having to watch things at the time they are broadcast, and not be able to skip the adverts.

> I just want to thank all of the developers who have continued to make this a great project.

+1 there.