[mythtv-users] My 15 year anniversary

Marlon Buchanan mlb.linux at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 20:38:16 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 11:08 AM Michael <mythtv at blandford.net> wrote:

> On 08/30/2018 10:48 AM, Jim wrote:
> > On 8/30/2018 1:02 PM, Michael wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I was looking around at my statistics in mythtv today and realized it
> >> was my 15 year anniversary.
> >>
> >> Number of shows: 907
> >> Number of episodes: 18157
> >> First recording: Friday August 29th, 2003
> >> Last recording: Wednesday August 29th, 2018
> >> Total Running Time: 15 years 7 hrs 13 mins
> >> Total Recorded: 1 year 9 months 22 days 11 hrs 54 mins
> >> Percent of time spent recording: 12%
> >>
> >> It is hard to believe how much mythtv has changed my and my family's
> >> TV viewing habits.
> >>
> >> I just want to thank all of the developers who have continued to make
> >> this a great project.
> >>
> >> Michael
> >>
> > Congrats Michael!!!
> > and I totally agree on the THANKS to all of the developers! You guys
> > rock!
> >
> > My stats
> > Number of shows: 3998
> > Number of episodes: 51157
> > First recording: Friday June 12th, 2009
> > Last recording: Thursday August 30th, 2018
> > Total Running Time: 9 years 2 months 17 days 16 hrs 43 mins
> > Total Recorded: 5 years 26 days 25 mins
> > Percent of time spent recording: 55%
> >

> Wow, you clearly record a LOT more than me :)
>

> To me, the most amazing part is that I never had to start over with a
> new database.
>
> I have continually upgraded Fedora releases over the years and never had
> significant issues.   I don't think I have any other application running
> where I didn't just scrap and start over at some point.
>

> Michael

Congrats on 5 years.  Mythtv totally changed our viewing habits as well. My
kids basically have grown up with it. Not sure of its future as I ponder
streaming services, but it has been going strong and has offered so many
advantages over the years...

I started in 2006, and I only blew away my DB once (don't even remember
why) in 2008. It's amazing it as been so stable and reliable. Here are my
stats since then:

Number of shows: 717
Number of episodes: 13784
First recording: Tuesday August 5th, 2008
Last recording: Wednesday August 29th, 2018
Total Running Time: 10 years 23 days 13 hrs 22 mins
Total Recorded: 1 year 4 months 17 days 17 hrs 11 mins
Percent of time spent recording: 13%