[mythtv-users] What happened to the ability to scan a range of channels?

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 17:27:39 UTC 2018

On 07/08/18 17:29, jksj wrote:
> On 07/08/18 17:03, Douglas Peale wrote:

>>> I haven't tried anything like this. but I think you need to define two Video Sources in mythtv-setup, one for each antenna.
>>> Then in the Channel scanning/editing section you should be able to scan separately for each, using a 'full scan' or perhaps,
>>> after a first run,
>>>   'all known transports.'
>>>

>> I actually am already doing this. I have three video sources defined, one each for my three antennas.
>>
>> The problem is that I had accidentally deleted a channel, so none of the scans would add it back except the full scan.
>> Unfortunately, that goes and adds all the channels from two antennas, a few from the third, and changes the channel number on
>> all of them.
>>
>> I end up with 54 channels for which I need to edit or delete every one. To edit 54_1 to 54.1, requires 11 keystrokes in myth
>> backend setup. It is a little easier in mythweb, but mythweb was not working at the time.
>>

> The channel editor in Mythsetup allows individual transponder scanning,
> so if you get the details from
> https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear
>

> its pretty simple to restore deleted items without sucking in the lot.

I had assumed that you were 'terrestrial' and this is talking
'satellite' and I think we're both in the UK, so our mythtv-setups may
look different from what you see.  But it should still be possible to
scan a single 'transport' on the affected Video Source, so (if you know
or can find out which frequency you want) reducing the number of
channels needing attention.

John P