[mythtv-users] Frequent failures in attempting to download art from thetvdb

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sat Apr 28 16:13:59 UTC 2018

On 28/04/2018 16:47, Ashu Desai wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 1:01 PM Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net
> <mailto:lists at glidos.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>     I'm noticing more and more often now I cannot download coverart,
>     banners
>     etc from thetvdb. If I try to manually, a list of possible banners is
>     displayed with urls, but blank space where the image should be. In the
>     logs I see "Tried to write <url>, but it appears to be an HTML redirect
>     or corrupt file (filesize 0). The urls work in a browser. There
>     seems to
>     be a long-ago fixed bug related to this with themoviedb.
>
>     I'm using v0.28.2
>
>     Is anyone else seeing this problem?
>

> I apologize if you already solved this - but i just had the same problem
> on my 0.29 and I am on CentOS 7. I found out that my default - the  tvdb
> api was NOT installed. When I go to mythfrontend / artwork - it shows
> tmdb for the movies as one of the source but nothing for TV or for Games.
>
> Since I don't care for games, I didn't really research for it - but I
> found this link:
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/TheTVDB_API_v2
>
> I had to install python-pip, then do an upgrade like the link says. And
> then
>
> pip install --tvdb-api
>
> That fixed it for *me*
>

> IF you are seeing the same issue of "no" source for TV - this should help.

Yes, doing exactly that has sorted out tv metadata for several people,
but the problem I'm reporting in this thread, is failure to download the
banners etc, after an initial successful fetch of the metadata. Are you
now able to download artwork for many of the tv series you have. Only a
very few work for me.

Just to make it clear again: I can fetch metadata, the metadata has
correct artwork urls, but mythfrontend fails to download from those urls.

Cheers,
	Paul.