[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

Mike Holden mikeholden99+mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 01:26:46 UTC 2018

On 22 April 2018 at 11:09, Ashu Desai <ashu.desai at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3. H.265 plays extremely choppy! It plays perfect on the backend server. I
> have ethernet 1G connection everywhere in the house so network can't be
> it..?

H.265 is most likely using software decoding, as only top-end Nvidia cards
can do it in hardware. Your CPU will be under-powered for that.

Your backend is either more powerful and can do it in software, or it is
set up for VAAPI with a modern intel chip that can do H.265 in hardware.

If you want to play these on this box, I would suggest getting hold of
"handbrake" and transcoding them to H.264