[mythtv-users] Backend tuning issues with Fedora 28 and Mythv 29

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Tue Apr 3 14:41:15 UTC 2018

I have a backend on Fedora 27 that is working as well as I'd wish.
Yesterday, I got the itch and decided to try to upgrade to Fedora 28 since
my desktop upgraded smoothly.  Unfortunately, I ran into issues.

I managed to tune a lower-numbered channel and record a few minutes with
Mythweb.  When I tried live tv, my screen froze trying to tune the
channel.  I thought, maybe, just maybe, my cable company changed something
between the recordings I did Sunday night and Monday morning.  This did not
turn out to be the case.  I was able to tune in channel 937 (a HD channel
with unrestricted CCI flags) with VLC player just fine.

I built the F28 rpms from a fresh VM just in case there were some critical
library changes.  I did not get past the errors in mythbackend.

Since I have had issues like this before, I had taken a Clonezilla backup
and just restored to F27.  I have no issues with this channel or any others
I have in my lineup that I tested.  Everything is working under F27.  So
the upgrade broke something.  Maybe there is a new temporary library
incompatibility in F27?  I do not know.  Fedora 28 is in beta and maybe I'm
nuts to try to upgrade it now, but honestly I upgrade at the Beta release
with just about every Fedora cycle and have few issues.  I'm not recording
much this week and it seems like a good time to upgrade.

I then installed a test F28 system on a spare HD on my desktop, connected
my HDHomerun Prime, and set out to grab logs, figuring that the whole thing
would just work and I'd be really angry.  But fortunately for my sanity, it
failed in the same way as before.

Here is the backend log.  https://pastebin.com/r2iJBqvR

If anyone sees something I could fix, I'm all ears.  The good news is that
I'm in the same place I was before the upgrade.

Oh.  Everything else I run on the box was working fine.  With the exception
of Kodi.  That's probably fixable though.