[mythtv-users] mythlcdserver 0.28.1: Display freezes during playback

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Thu Sep 28 05:35:56 UTC 2017

Hi all,

mythlcdserver 0.27.6 worked fine for me with lcdproc 0.5.2.

Since upgrading to 0.28.1, the display freezes after a few seconds of
playback, meaning it is not updated anymore.

I can reproduce it with the lcdproc curses driver also. There it takes
one or two jumps forward in playback and then it freezes.

I see nothing in mythfrontend or mythlcdserver logs, only when killing
mythlcdserver.

When I kill and restart mythlcdserver, then mythfrontend reconnects, but
still does not update during the ongoing playback.

When I leave playback, the display is updated again when browsing the menu.

Any hints?

Thanks!

Regards,
Thomas