[mythtv-users] Rpi MiniMyth2 -mythtvLight-Kodi

jksjdevelop jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 19:43:21 UTC 2017

MiniMyth2 installation.

I have now got the system to boot & run, the issue was incorrect
permissions in /home/mythtv/.

  This was causing X to fail unless mythfrontend was run as root and
config.xml was not being saved.

The issue I think stems from these lines in the instructions :-

(a) Download software (as root, not via sudo)
    "wgethxxp://warped.homenet.org/MiniMyth2-rpi2-latest.tar.bz2"
    "bsdtar -xpf MiniMyth2-rpi2-latest.tar.bz2 -C root"
    "sync"
When using Ubuntu as the host what is the required syntax for the bsdtar command if using sudo is not acceptable.
I am sure the audio issue stems from the same problem.

I used config.txt from the rasbian installation because I new it worked well with my TV forcing the refresh rate I needed.
Will try your default again once my installation error is sorted.