[mythtv-users] Rpi MiniMyth2 -mythtvLight-Kodi

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 18:48:39 UTC 2017

> Wiadomość napisana przez jksj <jksjdevelop at gmail.com> w dniu 22.11.2017, o godz. 10:13:
>

> http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2016-January/384686.html
> MiniMyth2 is a complete binary image that for me dropped into a terminal when booted, no further installation required. I think I must have got something wrong in the install (file permissions suspected)as mythfrontend should have run.

Definitely something is wrong here.
Target behavior should be like this:

1.Partition SD card
2.Download & unpack file to SD card
3.Insert SD card into RPI2
4.Power-on RPI2
5.Select country & discovered MythTV backend.
6.You should get fully running MythTV on PRI2

not anything more to do is needed!

after steep 4 (power-on RPI):
-user see country/language selection screen. select &, press Enter
-mythtv shows list backends to select. user select BE by arrows and press Enter
-user gets MythTV main screen

so from powering-on RPI to myth Main Screen user needs to play few times with arrows keys and 2x with Enter.
not more!

my multiple tests confirm _exactly_ this procedure (and not anything more) in my environment
(rpi2; current master as be)

> Login as root password root and after copying the working pi configuration file config.txt to /boot/config.txt and a mythfrontend configuration to /home/mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml the frontend ran.

Is this means that /boot/config.txt provided by image isn’t working for you?
If it is not working - how exactly it is not working?

Also - why You need to copy /home/mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml ?
This file should be created by mythtv itself at first run when user press enter at BE selection screen.
I’m wonder what You have on screen after FIRST power-on of RPI?
Did You receive country/language selection screen?

> Configured Myth to use Openmax for playback and off it went. Have not yet managed to get sound working in this incarnation.

Did You look at:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi#Audio ?

> First impressions are performance is the same in the two installations so would recommend either based on whether you prefer desktop or command line.

No surprise as both have that same: kernel, RPI firmware & mythtv code (more-or-less)
Difference (IMHO) is within: preparation to first run, updates from UI and some extra patches in mythtv code….