[mythtv-users] I think I'm loosing my mind

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 18:55:52 UTC 2017

>> I know I have one Vizio TV in another room that is connected to my
>> backend and when I turn that TV on the screen is blue and says no
>> signal.  I have to do CTL-ALT-F2 to get it to wake up and then I login
>> and restart lightdm to fix it.
>>
>> I need to do some more research.
>>
>> Jim A
> This particular problem where a MythTV box will not connect again
> after a TV has been off (or in standby or unplugged) is usually able
> to be fixed by copying its EDID data and getting the Nvidia drivers to
> load the copied EDID data instead of trying (unsuccessfully) to get it
> from the TV.  Presuming, of course, that you are using an Nvidia card.
> It may also work the same way with other drivers, as it seems to be a
> problem at the TV end that causes it.

Ooo! I might be able to provide a clue as I had a similar issue. This is
the thread that helped solve my problem a few years back:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/600019?do=post_view_flat#600019

(My notes on the thread and referral thread is 15 pages-- not going to
upload here but if you or someone else wants contact and I'll upload to
DropBox or some place -- it's in LibreOffice (odt) but I can change to
PDF.  Please include this title so I can find again {I need to better
organize things!)  "Loss of Connectivity with Switch".)