[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not updating since last week's boot

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 00:51:43 UTC 2017

On 11/21/2017 06:15 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 14:13:22 -0600, you wrote:
>

>> Hi Steven!
>>
>> Thanks for the command line tip!

>> Ran the command line and added a redirect to send to a log file and got
>> this:
>> https://pastebin.com/3VRWFVq5
>>

>> BTW, this was run while the Backend was up but not recording.
>>
>> Thanks!  Barry
>
> You are getting "connection refused".  The connection to
> dd.schedulesdirect.org requires authentication - if I try it, I get
> back a "401 Unauthorized" message.  The detailed debug data is not
> quite sufficient to show if that is what is happening at the packet
> level, but my first guess would be that the authentication data is not
> being sent, or invalid authentication is being sent.  So check where
> ever that authentication data is stored to see if it is still valid.
> Since I do not use Schedules Direct, I do not know where the userid
> and password are stored - it might be in the MythTV settings
> somewhere.  It looks like that data gets set up when you configure
> your video source to use the DataDirect grabber - it prompts you at
> that time for the information it needs.

To test your login, go to: https://www.schedulesdirect.org,
login and select the Lineup Support tab on the left. Look
for the line:

     Check the raw data in your application or HERE to rule out application problems.

and click on HERE. If that works, then your login info is OK.

Compare the User ID/Password in mythtv-setup->Video Sources->Listings grabber

Do this for ALL Video Sources that use Schedules Direct.

--
Bill