[mythtv-users] Sudden failure of InfiniTV6 PCIe to tune channels

Justin Moore justin.nonwork at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 12:31:48 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have an InfiniTV 6 (PCIe version) which has worked beautifully with my
Verizon CableCARD since 2014. However in the last 24 hours I've been unable
to tune or record anything. I've used the python client program, I've
called Verizon to re-pair my CableCARD, and I've rebooted my computer, all
with no success. I've searched Google for various error messages and
conditions, also with no success.

CableCARD status is "Validated, validation message is received,
authenticated, and the IDs match those in the current binding". My WMDRM
status on all the tuners is "red", though. Digging through the logs I've
started to see a number of "failed to get pat" messages when attempting to
tune a channel, and I'm wondering if that's related. When I pull up a tuner
tab on the browser UI, I set a channel using the "Channel" text field, and
click "Set channel". It tries to switch channels, but in the "Program" text
box I see "No programs". Yet when I click over to the "Status" tab I do see
a program number and a number of PIDs. I don't know enough to know if the
error message is related to the tuning failure, but I don't recall having
this problem before.

Setup:
Distro: Fedora 25
Kernel: 4.8.14-300
Firmware version: 15.1.13.152
CableCo: Verizon Fios
MythTV version: 29

If anyone has any ideas on what I should check for next, I'd really
appreciate it. This really was working just fine for over a year, and then
just crapped out two nights ago.

Thanks,
-justin