[mythtv-users] UK DVB radio and pi frontend

Stefan Davids mythtv at stefan.davids.uk.net
Tue May 16 07:35:40 UTC 2017

Hi,

Is anyone successfully listening to DVB radio in the UK with a myth
frontend running on a pi?

I have a pi 3 running MythTV Version : v0.28.1-6-g7de03a9 using openmax
high from http://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/deb/ jessie myth28
repository which works magnificently in all respects except with DVB
radio recordings where the OSD becomes very unresponsive and it
overheats quite rapidly.  The actual audio plays fine but it's a pain
skipping to the start of the program, etc

There is a 5 minute snippet of Radio 4 here which demonstrates the problem:

https://www.davids.uk.net/~stefan/1704_20170515082400.ts

and the log of playing it is here:

https://www.davids.uk.net/~stefan/user.log.gz

I'm interested in knowing if anyone has had more success (ie are my
settings wrong in some way), is this a known issue or unknown (and so
worth me reporting)?

At the moment I'm suspicious the problem is caused by the "radio with
picures" aspect as openmax doesn't seem to be available according to the
logs so I'm experimenting with an audio-only recording profile as a work
around.  Any better workaround advice appreciated.

Happy to rerun it with more debugging if that's helpful too.

Thanks for any help

Stefan