[mythtv-users] How to get sound out via HDMI

Saul jaglover at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 17:27:30 UTC 2017

On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 11:00:00 -0600
Ashu Desai <ashu.desai at gmail.com> wrote:

> Simple mixer control 'IEC958',0
>   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined penum
>   Playback channels: Mono
>   Mono: Playback [on]
> Simple mixer control 'IEC958 Default PCM',0
>   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined penum
>   Playback channels: Mono
>   Mono: Playback [on]
> Simple mixer control 'IEC958',1
>   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined penum
>   Playback channels: Mono
>   Mono: Playback [on]

Must be one of these. Digital outputs, HDMI included, are shown as
S/PDIF.
Note, if you are using nouveau driver the HDMI sound may not be
supported, I know I had to use the blob with my Zotac to get HDMI sound.

And please, show some respect for people who are reading your emails,
clean them up before hitting the reply button.

--
Cheers, Saul