[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.27 and php 7: input from gentoo users requested

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Tue Mar 7 23:44:02 UTC 2017

I have a MythTV (0.27.6_p20160318) system installed under gentoo and a
recent system upgrade is pulling in php 7 (and depclean is wanting to
unmerge 5.6). Are any of the gentoo users on this list using php 7 in
combination with the 0.27 branch? If so, did you experience any hiccups?
My mythweb, which is the part I understand to be most reliant on php, is
at version 0.27.1, btw

Just wondering whether it might be advisable to mask php 7 and stick for
now with the version that's working (5.6). This thread
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8035422.html?sid=a83206268de22bb7b7e7ddaf762c4853
indicates other gentoo/MythTV users have had problems when installing the
new php version. Input will be appreciated.