[mythtv-users] Mythmote won't connect

DryHeat122 . dryheat122 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 20:21:08 UTC 2017

I am trying to get Mythmote to connect with my new 16.04 mythbuntu setup,
and it won't connect.  I have configured a static IP and restarted
everything, FE & BE are working.  I have the correct info in Mythmote and
it says "IO Except: failed to connect".  Tried nmap -A 192.168.1.200.  It
says ports 22,80,139,445,3306,6543 (all TCP) are open, but not 6546.

I found this post
<https://askubuntu.com/questions/127445/mythmote-wont-connect-to-mythbuntu-12-04-seems-frontend-is-not-listening-on-all>
abou
the problem, but it's 5 years old and talking about 12.04.  It says you
need to add the ip address to <LocalHostName> but that doesn't sound
right.  Also suggests some iptables edits but those look a little fishy
too, for example the second one suggests using the static IP as a value for
the -i argument, but according to the docs that's supposed to specify an
interface.

Can anyone advise?