[mythtv-users] Intel i965 video buffers errors on frontend - live TV

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 19:22:10 UTC 2017

On 20/07/17 19:24, Peter Bennett wrote:
> I am using MythTV as my sole method of watching TV. This saves me some
> $50 per month in Comcast bills. My wife has had no complaints about
> MythTV, but she is not one to channel-surf. In my opinion, MythTV is
> perfectly fine for Live TV.

Boy, you guys need a shake-up in the cable market. My total monthly
cable bill is just over €16 (which admittedly covers only the basic
service which incorporates some 40 channels). No STB rental fees: I
bought 3 of them outright a few years ago for €50 for all three.

I use one of the STBs for live TV and the other two for myth. I also
have two analogue tuners connected directly to the cable as there's
still a number of channels I can usefully record that way without
needing an STB.

I'm in Belgium.

Jan