[mythtv-users] mythweb broken

Al vanilla.sources at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 07:15:52 UTC 2017

glen wrote:
> i had a problem with mythweb on arch recently when i installed the php
> 7.1 updates from arch. i rolled the php updates back to 7.0 and it
> worked. i also noticed around that time some minor changes were made in
> the mythweb git but i did not check to see if the newer files in the git
> would eliminate the error i got under php 7.1. But i did not get the
> error message you got i had something different, but still maybe worth
> looking into.

I'm running Gentoo with php 7.1, and found the solution on the archlinux
forum.

See https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=222245

>From my notes (for Gentoo, so the path to utils.php might be different):

in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/includes/utils.php lines 220-225:
 Change every instance of 'this' to 'that'.

The end result:

    function _or($that, $or_that, $gt = false) {
        if ($gt === true)
            return $that > 0 ? $that : $or_that;
        if (!empty($gt))
            return $that > $gt ? $that : $or_that;