[mythtv-users] Liva X wifi, hostapd: "deauthenticated due to local deauth request"

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Wed Jan 25 15:05:18 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 7:39 PM, A. F. Cano <afc at shibaya.lonestar.org>
wrote:

> Arrgh! The timing of my posting... Found one answer minutes after
> sending it.
>
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 09:33:09PM -0500, A. F. Cano wrote:
> > If someone knows what combination of parameters need to be set and how,
> > to provide an open network I'd be willing to try that too.  The ones that
> > seemed relevant (see below) that I changed all resulted in crashes.  I
> > probably changed more than I remember now, with the same result.
>
> I managed to connect by making the link open (no wpa).  I commented the
> following options: (all the wpa-related ones)
>
> # wpa=1
> # wpa_passphrase=InsideWifI4fonE
> # wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
> # wpa_pairwise=TKIP CCMP
>
> I would still prefer to be able to connect securely...  Any hints?
>
> Thanks.
>
> A.

I have an original Liva (not the Liva X) which I'm using as a WiFi extender
in the back part of my house (I'm actually connected to it now). I'm using
Gentoo, and I don't know if the hardware is the same (mine uses the
Broadcom FULLMAC WLAN module with brcmfmac43241b4-sdio.bin firmware), but I
can't use a kernel newer than 3.18.7 or the WiFi access point stops working
after a few hours. I tried doing a kernel bisect to find the offending
commit, but ran into a kernel panic on boot in some of the bisects which
made it impossible to determine if the problem existed in the bisected
version or not. I ran out of time and motivation or I would have done
another bisect to find a patch which would revert the kernel panic commit
so I could focus back on the WLAN. I didn't try removing security as you
did, but that might be an interesting avenue of exploration. This
information may not be useful to you, but if it's possible you might try
reverting the kernel to 3.18.7 and see if you have any better luck.

Karl