[mythtv-users] Quick Tune

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Sat Jan 7 22:12:14 UTC 2017

On 01/07/2017 01:04 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
> One of my TV stations has hosed up their PSIP data, and MythTV will no
> longer record (live TV works).  I remember that there used to be (in
> 0.21) an option somewhere to select quick tuning, which would tune by
> channel number instead of channel name.  Is that still available in
> 0.27?  Where would I find that?
>

> Eventually, I will do a rescan, but not until the station fixes the
> PSIP data (all eight subchannels have blank (identical)  PSIP
> information).
>
> Jay

The TV station fixed their PSIP data, so I was able to do a rescan and
hopefully this is now fixed (until the next time).  I would still like
to know if the quick tune option still exists, though.

On a second issue, it has always bugged me that 0.27 uses the '_'
character as the channel separator, whereas 0.21 used the '.'
character.  I prefer and use the '.' character.  I seem to recall that
there was some place where the default channel separator could be
configured.  Is that still true?  Each time I do a channel scan. all of
the channels get  numbered using the '_' character, which I then
manually have to change them all back to '.' (a real pain in the you
know what).

Thanks.