[mythtv-users] Thinking of moving on from MythTV :-( Any suggestions? (for the UK)

bkamen at benjammin.net bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Jan 2 20:12:28 UTC 2017

> On Sun, Jan 1, 2017 at 3:53 PM, Damian <myth at surr.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of any that they could recommend?
>
> While I think trying to assist the OP with
> making their MythTV box work well has
> value, answering the actual question also
> has value.

Plex now has a DVR in beta. Since I run Plex alongside Myth, I tried it out.

Plex is a very strong argument with it's well integrated clients.

Some things work ok. Their hardware support is limited to models
currently. (i.e. they don't support the wider array of tuners that Myth
does. But that may change with time.)

Since I have HDHR tuners, Plex plugged right in.

It's definitely more "tivo"-ish...for better and worse.

I don't know what the UK support is currently, but it might be worth
checking out.

 -Ben