[mythtv-users] Thinking of moving on from MythTV :-( Any suggestions? (for the UK)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 19:57:57 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jan 1, 2017 at 3:53 PM, Damian <myth at surr.co.uk> wrote:

> Does anyone know of any that they could recommend?

While I think trying to assist the OP with
making their MythTV box work well has
value, answering the actual question also
has value.

So, back to the OP's question.  In the US,
the answer for many these days is a TiVo (it
tends to have the "it just works" part down).
I understand that TiVo exited the UK market
a number of years ago for their standalone
products.  I was under the impression that
there were some number of (for example
commercially supported) alternatives in the
UK market space.  Does anyone have a
suggestion based on visiting friends
residences who have chosen not to be
Mythizied (I know, having a friend that