[mythtv-users] Artifacts using nvidia 375.26?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 23:43:02 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Yann Lehmann <aristide at free-it.ch> wrote:
> Le 07. 02. 17 à 19:09, Tom Dexter a écrit :
>>

>> I feel the same way you do about "smart" TVs...don't even get me
>> started. None the less, I'm looking very seriously at the LG OLED55B6P
>> 55-inch. Pretty awesome for sure.
>>

> Most "smart TVs" can be used as dumb ones :-). Just let the lan cable
> unplugged and ban the tv from your wireless network (if it has wlan).
>
> As an acceptable compromise, my smart tv always gets the same ip-address and
> cannot connect to the internet (blocked at the firewall). That way, upnp
> sources are still available on the tv but it cannot "phone home".

Yea...my wireless needs a strong passphrase, and that thing won't get
it ;). While it's temping to possibly use things like netflix, the
stuff I hear about what all sorts of "smart" BS sends out is just
unimaginable. Proprietary operating systems are pure evil. I actually
just went to a router running dd-wrt for the same reasons among
others.

Thanks
Tom