[mythtv-users] Artifacts using nvidia 375.26?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:09:34 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 5:39 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> On 07/02/17 01:17, Tom Dexter wrote:
>>
>> Just an update for anyone who runs into this thread later: My TV was
>> tricking me here in that I never encountered the issues when I
>> switched over to a standalone HD tuner I had. This lead me to believe
>> it wasn't the TV. However I *finally* saw these same symptoms using
>> that tuner indicating that the TV itself was/is going.
>>
>> Oddly enough, that got worse over several days and suddenly started
>> working perfectly, and has stayed that way for 4 days now. I don't
>> have high hopes that reprieve will last though...I've been TV
>> shopping.
>>
> It might be the power supply in the TV itself. Our 32" Hitachi went some
> years back and I promptly went out and bought what looked like a good enough
> replacement, a 32" Samsung. Unfortunately, it was a lemon, although 'good
> enough' to make do.
>
> I did some research on the Internet and found a supplier for the PSU card;
> as they usually supplied trades they wanted to know if I was capable of
> doing the replacement, I was. It came in the post, I unscrewed the old card
> and screwed in the new card, job done!
>
> 5+ years later, we're still using the Hitachi and it shows no signs of
> failing. No so-called 'smart TV' for us, thank you!
>
> It does require you to take the back off the TV and look at the boards
> within. I believe you can even find repair documentation on-line these days.
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins

Interesting. This is actually a Hitachi 51F510 51" rear projection TV.
You may be correct on that. However that's 13 years old and we're very
much ready to get back the insane room real estate that gargantuan
thing takes up ;). It really is huge, and our living room is not.

I feel the same way you do about "smart" TVs...don't even get me
started. None the less, I'm looking very seriously at the LG OLED55B6P
55-inch. Pretty awesome for sure.

Thanks!
Tom