[mythtv-users] Support via email group versus forum??

Saul jaglover at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 21:32:05 UTC 2017

On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 21:24:25 +0000
stinga <stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com> wrote:

> On 05/02/17 11:08, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> > I have used both this email list and the mythtv forum for help with
> > my Mythtv questions.  Why is one used versus another?  I find the
> > nature of email and email clients to make a lot of the thread here
> > almost unfollowable.  The forum controls the threads much better.

There were email conventions before Outlook Express was invented.
Following those conventions makes reading and following threads a
breeze.
FYI OE put the cursor on top of the quoted text when reply button was
hit. All new users started writing right there, top posting was born.
Forget about cutting out irrelevant parts and replying to multi-quotes.

Nowadays many new email clients even cannot handle the separator '-- '
properly any more.

--
Cheers, Saul