[mythtv-users] Artifacts using nvidia 375.26?

Open Media Support support at openmedia.co.nz
Thu Feb 2 11:24:32 UTC 2017

On Thu, February 2, 2017 5:45 pm, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Feb 2017 22:08:06 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 7:43 AM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It suddenly occurred to me that I'd just recently updated to
>>> x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-375.26 from 361.28. Sure enough, reverting
>>> to 361.28 appears to have fixed it completely.
>>
>>Just an update on this. It appears I was mistaken. After using this
>>with the older driver I'm having the same issues. Also, I can't
>>reproduce this on the TV with a stand-alone HD tuner I have, which
>>leads me to believe the nvidia card itself may be going.
>>
>>Tom
>
> Try cleaning the PC - if the fans are dirty, the Nvidia card may be
> getting too hot.

I'd echo Stephen's comments. I've seen this with either overheating cards
or dying NVidia cards.

Also are you using a direct connection to your TV and I've had other
issues where the HDMI circuit in an AMP was dying (bad caps).

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz