[mythtv-users] DVB-S2 scan fails (0.29)

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 11:05:46 UTC 2017

On 24/12/17 11:53, UB40D wrote:
> It looks like I'm not quite at the end of my troubles.
> I came back to the box only to find "X Could not connect to master
> backend". Damn.

This is a drive-by post (too long a thread for me to read - sorry).

Have you set a proxy by any chance? If so I suggest disabling it.

Check by logging in as the user that runs the frontend (typically
mythtv), and executing

	set | grep proxy

There is a long-standing bug in QT (or in the way that mythtv uses QT -
I'm not sure) which causes mythtv to try and funnel the myth protocol
through the proxy, which of course doesn't work very well.

HTH, Jan