[mythtv-users] mythtv under Gentoo Linux

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Thu Dec 21 20:54:02 UTC 2017

Ah, I searched through bug reports, but forgot to think of the forum. Yes,
29.0 is the current upstream stable mythtv version. They might still be
backporting important fixes to 28.1 though.

> There is also discussion there about the
> fact that MythTV is now orphaned under Gentoo, and solicitation for a
> proxy maintainer.

I proxy maintain a couple of other packages, but mythtv is a bit of another
beast; you really need to have a backend with tuners and a front end both
running in development to properly maintain it, and I currently only have a
production system. The family would be quite unhappy with me if I turned it
into a bleeding edge possibly unstable dev instance :). I have been thinking
about getting one of those new shiny 4 tuner HD Homeruns though, perhaps if
I do that I can take one of my existing two tuner units and allocate it to a
dev mythtv vm.