[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: MythTV-Like Onscreen Keyboard for use with other applications and Remote Control

Marius Schrecker marius.schrecker at lyse.net
Mon Dec 18 12:42:56 UTC 2017

Hi all,

  Please excuse and let me know if you feel this to be Off-Topic to the list.

I am putting together a mythTV frontend on a small device that will sit behind my TV and provide both MythTV and other "TV-Friendly" applications.

Obviously MythFrontend comes with a very handy onscreen keyboard which reacts to arrow-key and ENTER input events and maps these to keystrokes. However, the keyboard can only be used within MythTV.

What I am after is an onscreen keyboard that behaves in the same way and that can be used globally. So far I have only been able to find keyboards that respond to mouse cursor and click events.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to:

A. Use the mythtv keyboard outside mythtv?
OR.
B.Set up an alternative onscreen keyboard to behave in a similar way?

BR.

--Marius--