[mythtv-users] Trouble getting hdpvr 1212 to record through mythtv:SOLVED

Marius Schrecker marius.schrecker at lyse.net
Thu Dec 14 18:26:48 UTC 2017

I feel like a right muppet!

The problem was a combination of things:

  First off and in my defense I think there may have been a problem with the lirc and IR blaster module, which wasn't finding firmware. I did the following in modprobe.d/hdpvr.conf to disable them:

blacklist lirc_zilog
install rc_core /bin/false
install rc_hauppauge /bin/false

I say that because catting was working a couple of days back.

but second, I had the unit out to check connections and managed to plug the toslink cable into the wrong socket (output). That was obviously what was screwing everything up yesterday. Everything now works as it should. Moving on...

Thanks again everyone for all your help and patience!

BR.

--Marius--